As you know POPL, the premier ACM conference in programming languages is coming to India in 2015. POPL 2015 will be held in TIFR Mumbai. Dave Walker from Princeton is PC chair, Paritosh Pandya from TIFR is local chair, and I am functioning as General Chair. This is a great opportunity for researchers working in formal methods, program analysis, model checking, type systems, compilers, and programming languages to participate in POPL.
There are also several collocated events:
- CPP : Certified Programs and Proofs (12-14 January)
- CoqPL : Coq for Programming Languages - A Coq users and developers meeting (18 January)
- OBT : Off the Beaten Track: New Frontiers for Programming Languages Research (18 January)
- PEPM : Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (13-14 January)
- PLMW : Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (14 January)
- VMCAI : Verification, Model Checking and Abstract Interpretation (12-14 January)
- PLVNET : Programming Languages and Verification Technology for Networking (12 January)
- WEPL : IMPECS-POPL Workshop on Emerging Research and Development Trends in Programming Languages (18 January)
Thanks to generous support from ACM India, Persistent, Xerox India, IARCS, Flipkart, Microsoft Research India and TCS, we are able to offer scholarships (discounted rates) for registrants from India. Any one residing in India is eligible for the discounted rates. We only have a limited number of scholarships, so we want to first advertise to the active research community in India in this area to apply. Registration is now live at: http://popl.mpi-sws.org/2015/index.html
Please register yourself soon, and also please ask your students to register and avail the scholarship/discount opportunity. In 2 weeks (around Sep 23), we will broadly advertise to email lists, so please make sure you and your students register by then, so that we don’t run out of scholarships (we are offering scholarships on a first-come-first-served basis, after checking that the registrant is indeed interested in POPL). Please forward to other research groups who will be interested in POPL.
Please register now and the website will say that your dues are the usual rates( $500 or so for ACM/SIGPLAN etc), and please don’t pay now. Please make sure you fill the form about your affiliation etc. After we approve the scholarship (and you get an email about it), you will be able to pay discounted rates. Once you get the discounted rates, please pay soon after and complete your registration, so that we know for sure how many scholarships have been claimed and how much more outreach we should do in India among other colleges etc.
Several members from the community are actively participating (Deepak and Akash are co-chairs for VMCAI. Aditya Kanade is co-chair for PLMW, and Ansuman and Raghavan are co-chairs for WEPL. Ramalingam is on the PC, and Supratik, Raghavan and Kapil are on ERC, and I may have missed a few others). Thank you all for your support and see you all at POPL!.
General Chair POPL 2015, on behalf of POPL 2015 organizers.