ITD 11th National Conference on I.T. in Defence 2017-18
Globally, the Defence technology is going through major innovations to face environmental challenges in security. Hence, bringing better Defence solutions at an affordable price is the need of the hour. Given the global nature of the issues, CSI BC has transformed the format of ITD. We have invited a country partner to share their experiences. The program is conceived with inputs from very senior advisors from forces, DRDO labs and former diplomats well versed with our neighbouring countries.
For Online Registration Please click here
ITD Conference Agenda
Following are the highlights of the 2-Day Conference and the topics that will be deliberated:
- Address by very senior luminaries Viz. Dr. G Satheesh Reddy - Scientific Adviser to RakshaMantri and Director General, Missiles and Strategic Systems, Mr. N. Parthasarathy, Former Ambassador, Air Marshal S.B Deo, Maj. Gen. Ravi Chaudhary, Vice Admiral Sharma, Vice Admiral Amul Sethi, Dr. Athithan G, MED & CoS, Ms. Tessy Thomas, ASL, Dr. Mayank Dwivedi, DIITM, Dr. Subrata Rakshit, CAIR, Dr. Krishna Murthy Somanchi, DIAT.
The topics that will be deliberated includes:
- Vision 2025 – Future ready Defence Technology; Operational environment and challenges for the joint forces
- Cyber Physical System (The Next Computing Revolution, IOT, Design Challenges,)
- Data Science in Defence (Mathematical Modelling in Data Science, Data Science in Counter Terrorism)
- Information Warfare
- PLM, CAD, CAM, CAE Design
- Formal methods (3D Design and Printing, Defence logistics)
- Cognitive Cyber Defence
- Defence Collaboration by event country partner - Disruptive defence technology
- “Funnovation” - A contest for students and young IT minds on the theme of “Flexible Robotic Systems & Drones”.
The program will be most relevant to
- Defence personnel from Core Defence and Defence labs
- To share the knowledge on technology which can transform defence in future
- To form alliances with ITindustry for cost effective Defence solutions
- ITIndustry personnel
- To get an insight on how the Defence Labs view future operational environments
- To Know the Defence alliance processes
- To participate, register to the event by contacting : The Chairman, Registration Committee :
Tel: 080-2286 0461, Cell: 94489 05268,
Telefax: 080-2286 2215
Computer Society of India (CSI) is the largest IT user society in India with 72 chapters across the country and with nearly a hundred thousand members. The vision of CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing and profession enrichment among IT professionals across industry segments. Various Special Interest Groups such as Information Security, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, e-Governance evangelize the use of technologies. CSI has been organizing various seminars, conferences, and technical talks periodically. IT of Defence (ITD) is one such flagship event of the CSI that is conducted.
CSI BC has been conducting ITD every year and this is the 11th in the series. Following are some among the many luminaries who have addressed the August gathering in the past :
- Dr. V.S.Arunachalam, SA to RM
- Dr. S. Christopher, Chairman DRDO
- Dr. V.K.Aatre, SA to RM
- Dr. V.K Saraswat, SA to RM
- Dr. Prahlada, VC, DIAT, Pune
- Dr. C.R Chakravathy, Director DRDO
- Dr. K D Nayak, DS & CC R&D, New Delhi
- Dr. Ajit T Kalghatki, BEL R&D Director
- Dr. Tamilmani, DS & DG (Aero)
- Dr. S.S. Sundaram, Distinguished Scientist, CC R&D
- Dr. S. Vardarajan, Director, LRDE, Bangalore
- Dr. G. Athithan, OS, Associate Director, CAIR
- Lt. Gen Devendra Kumar
- Dr. B.G Srinath, CERT-In
- Dr. Srihari Rao, DRDO
11th ITD - Thurst Areas
Globally there is a heightened awareness of the security threats. While India has one of the finest Defence Forces in the world, the current complex scenario has prompted India to engage with many other countries to craft strategies to address these threats. This Conference aims to brainstorm on critical IT issues and bring forth suggestions and solutions to address them.
Defence is a key driver of India-Israeli co-operation. India and Israel have agreed to create a bilateral technology innovation fund worth $40 million and we are inviting Israel to be country partner.
Defence Procurement Procedure in India categorically lays down the order of preference for domestic sourcing over direct purchase from abroad. Department of Defence has also come out with guidelines for outsourcing and vendor development, which would help streamline existing procedures and thereby ease working with Defence forces.
A Vision Committee has been constituted to steer the conference and make it relevant, practical and interesting. It has defence technology experts from labs, forces, industry and former diplomats with global experience.
President : Mr. Sanjay Mohapatra
Events Chairs : Ms Sudha Raju & Dr. R K Ramanathan, Ex-Project Director, ADA
Vice President : Mr. Gautam Mohapatra, Scientist G, DRDO
RVP : Mr. Vishwas Bondade
Chairperson : Dr. Sateesh S Kannegala
Industry Alliance : Mr. Iqbal Ahmed
DRDO Liaison : Mr. Chandar P Mannar
Program Chair : Mr. Sabapathy T
Organising Committee Chair : Mr. P Venkatagiri
Finance Committee : Mr. Raghavendra H Rao,
Mr. Seetaramu - Hon. Treasurer, CSI-BC,
Mr. Anbunathan R, Hon. Secretary, CSI-BC